Tristan is a story teller at heart and has done a variety of video work, from weddings to hockey to real estate. He currently works full time on a farm during part of the year, which supports him well financially but does not allow for much time to take on video clients. He wants to build his business the quickest and best way with the time he has. By the end of this one on one session, Tristan has changed his 5 year plan to a 3 year one.
In this episode, we will discuss:
- Knowing what you offer and how to pitch it
- Putting the right work in your portfolio
- Managing client expectations
- Tracking opportunity cost
Below are the results of Tristan’s DISC test. Take yours at takemia.com.
Click to enlarge graph
:32 Tristan introduces himself and explains where he is at with his video production company.
5:16 Michael explains Tristan’s DISC results and what they mean for his business.
13:23 Michael explores the idea of having team members to help with different aspects of business, such as editing.
17:56 Hobby vs Professional and how to reflect that in your branding
27:00 Packages vs a la carte
35:08 Michael asks Tristan to describe is selling process
43:28 Knowing a client’s budget when pricing
50:09 Managing expectations
1:23:00 Tracking opportunity cost
PLUS whenever you’re ready…
Here are 4 ways I can help you with YOUR business:
1. Get Coached on Jumpstart Sessions Podcast (It’s FREE)
My favorite thing to do is coach videographers & filmmakers. If you’d like to be coached on the podcast – Click Here
2. Attend a Live in Person Jumpstarters Experience: Join the Waitlist – Click Here
3. Voxer Coaching – If you’d like to have me as a “Coach on Demand” in your pocket then Click Here to Learn More.
4. Do a One-on-One Accelerator Day
If you’d like to spend a day together to accelerate your business! Learn More